Those of us who have used social networks for years deserved a reset, a start from scratch with an ethical, sustainable, transparent platform, worthy of our times and of what the future deserves. We measure sustainability in how our future is assured through your satisfaction, respect for you and your data, and the return to the society that we give.
Launchyoo is a platform in which we all have a place, but as in all cases of coexistence of a large number of people, with diverse sensitivities, interests, tastes, ways of seeing life and the world, it is necessary to establish a series of criteria to ensure good coexistence between us. To some, these rules will seem too lax, to others, too rigid. It is normal, everyone has their own vision and it is impossible to please everyone, but we can tell you that we have built them and apply them with maximum transparency and the absolute desire that they truly serve a purpose: that we are all at ease in this social network.
We place here the first two articles of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, whose enlightening simplicity and strength we could never match. Did you ever think that you would find them in the explanations about the community rules of a social network?
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. Furthermore, no distinction shall be made on the basis of the political, jurisdictional or international status of the country or territory to which a person belongs, whether it be independent, trust, non-self-governing or under any other limitation of sovereignty.
Based on this and as our guide, we ask you, please, to:
- Be respectful of others. Behave with other users as you would like them to behave with you.
- Do not attack the integrity and honour of people based on their race, sex, religion or condition. We all have the right to be who we are, if we do not seek harm to others.
- Share content that is yours, or that is not but you are authorized to do so. Copyright disputes are growing alarmingly and may have bigger legal consequences than you think. Post content created by you. You can, definitely, Re-Post any content, since it has already been entered on the platform by the person who has the rights to do so.
- Even if you have the rights to publish the content, if other people appear, you must have their authorization so as not to interfere with personal privacy and image.
- Do not post inappropriate content. We apply a human control over the contents and that makes us different from the rest of social networks. We like art and artists who use their bodies to explore it, but there are limits. We do not allow the display of genitalia or images or videos of explicit sexual content, or that are purely crude, without artistic, informative or awareness-raising reasons. We do not accept extremely violent content or real unmotivated violence. Nor do we want Launchyoo to see proliferation of videos that show self-harm, bullying, violent transgressions, etc. It is much, much more what we allow than what we do not, but it is necessary and we hope you understand it, that some rules must be respected, for the good of all.
- If any person publishes texts and/or content in which he or she talks about suicidal ideas or tendencies, we ask that you first contact that person to provide assistance. The second step is that you get in touch with someone close to him or her, or with the relevant authorities. And if nothing works, get in touch with us and we will try to do everything possible and in our power: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Similarly, if someone publishes texts and/or content in which they display the real intention to commit a crime or any other type of illicit act, we invite you to immediately notify the competent authorities and, if this is not possible, to contact us, and we will do our best to resolve the situation: email@example.com
- Do not break the law within the platform (or outside for that matter…). There are many ways in which this is possible, because human imagination is infinite: usurping the identity of other users, trying to access other users’ device, trying to sell material that you do not own or have any rights to, inciting illegal behaviour, selling illegal material, and so on. We will communicate to the relevant authorities any illegal activity of which we are made aware of in the platform.